Do you like? It's a fun one to make. Here's how:
1. Spray paint a mini embroidery hoop using glittery gold paint.
|I love Glitter Dust from Therm O Web. It dries quickly and doesn't leave glittery hitchhikers on everything. It's what I used to paint my embroidery hoop.|
2. Position piece of printed burlap in the painted hoop. (I purchased the white polka dot burlap from the Hob Lob [Hobby Lobby].)
|Instead of the usual embroidery-hoop backing of cotton or felt, opt for burlap for a fun, textured twist.|
3. Cut an oval from felt. Cut a second piece that fits the bottom half of the oval, scalloping the top.
|I adore my Wool Felt Squares from Kata Golda. They're sturdy and come in stunning colors--just the ticket for this project!|
4. Cut a window and a door from coordinating felt. Cut space from bottom half of camper where door will be position. Adhere cut felt pieces together using a bit of fabric glue.
5. Attach felt glamper to burlap using embroidery floss and a sewing needle. Don't forget detailing around the window and door.
6. Attach jute to top of hoop and secure bits of fabric to the jute using fabric glue to create the banner.
|I have a serious crush on Kokka Fabrics, which I purchased at Purl in Soho. The fabric is from Japan, is light weight, and absolutely lovely--just the material to make some cute banner business!|
7. Attach an adorable Fancy Pants Designs Christmas tree (Love these!) and a Bella Blvd. button "tire" to the ornament using jute and a sewing needle.
9. Finish things off by attaching a scrap of fabric to the top of the ornament so you have something to attach it to the tree with.