Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Thx and a card how-to


I have much to be thankful for, so I decided to share this Thx card with you. But I’d first like to thank a few friends:


  1. Skipping Stones Designs for raising more than $1,000 for the Susan G. Koman Foundation last month in their blog hop. (BTW, today is the last day of an awesome 33% of promotion they have going on. If you’re in the market for new stamps, you should check them out.)
  2. My talented friend Kimber, who helped Skipping Stones reach their wonderful goal by placing the winning bid for my cards and bracelet, as well as all of the other beautiful friends who put in bids.
  3. My dear friend Reyanna, for sending a random package of kindness my way. It came just when I needed it, sweet girl!
  4. My incredible pal Holly, who hosted an awesome craft boutique last Friday and let me participate. And all of the happy friends (new and old) who came out to enjoy a little creative fun.


What a delightful list! Now, let’s put this card together:


Step 1: Accordion fold strips of dictionary paper and fold to form flower shape; color flower with spray ink.


Step 2: Stamp “Thx” and punch out sentiment with circle punch. Adhere sentiment and splash of tulle to center of your accordion flower.


Step 3: Color doily with spray ink, cut doily into fourths, and fold fourth into cone to create leaf. Adhere leaf to card base with sewing machine.


Step 4: Cut strip of dictionary paper and stitch to card base to create grass.


Step 5: Attach flower to top of stitched stem to complete card.


Supplies: Cardstock: Die Cuts with a View; Stamp: American Crafts; Ink: Stampin' Up!; Spray ink: Tattered Angels; Glitter pen: Copic; Circle punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; Adhesive: Beacon's; Other: Dictionary paper, doily, and tulle.


Thx for visiting today!

5 comments:

Cindy Tobey said...

Beautiful cards Megan! Love those flowers!

Kristi said...

very cute! Love the simplistic yet very classy look! Wonderful!!!

JulieHRR said...

SHUT UP!!! ..........THUD!!!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that is so pretty! Thanks for the details, I'll be linking.

Bella said...

I just love the flower part of the card! Clever idea, which will have me scouring my bookcase for a sacrificial book so I can give it a try.