Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Costume Party 2010

Yesterday, Cor and I had the pleasure of showing off our plumber’s cracks at a hauntingly good Halloween brunch. (Thanks, Brady and Andrew!)


We were asked to bring a little treat, so I went with Mario mystery boxes (AKA Ghirardelli chocolates covered with cardstock question marks.) I simply copied the question box from this website, pasted it several times in a Word file, and printed it on cardstock. I then cut it out and adhered it to the chocolate for a surprise sweet!






BTW, our costumes were inspired by this awesome 80s cartoon (and the game, of course). Do you remember this gem? "Come on, it's time to go. Do the Mario!"



Over at Cackling Keepsakes magazine, we didn’t dress up this year. Instead it was business as usual for our team. I kid. I kid. We came to work as a pretty coven of creepies.




For this celebration, I filled these small candle holders from IKEA with candy.


From cute candle holder to bubbling cauldron in minutes.



Naturally, I have a couple of puppy pics to share as well. Little Jack was my witchy-poo pup this year, complete with a candy corn bandana.




Kiss, feeling too old for the costume craze, opted for a Halloween t-shirt, which reads “No tricks, just treats!” As you can see by the shirts snug fit, he gets more than his fair share of treats.


I hope you (and your pets) had a happy Halloween!


Cheers!

4 comments:

Amy Coon said...

Love it all Megan!!!! But, wheres the plumbers crack pic? LOL!!!!

april said...

oh my stinkin' goodness! this is just too cute! love you as luigi!

Nicole said...

Luigi and Mario classic. You guys look great. I didn't dress up this yr, but my lil one did. Check on the pics - http://scrapinsweetheart.blogspot.com/2010/10/happy-halloween.html

Cindy Tobey said...

Love your costume girl! So fun! Your fur babies are pretty cute too! I need a doggie to dress up! :)