Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Inspiring birthday party and a delicious cake recipe


You know you’re at an amazing birthday party when the first thing you see upon entering is a photo booth. That’s what I saw this summer when I attended my friend Kezia’s 40th birthday bash. Kezia is one of the happiest, most creative gals I know, so it came as no surprise to me that her birthday was a blast. There were so many impressive ideas at this party that I just couldn’t resist sharing a couple of them with you.


As I mentioned, the party got started with a stop at the photo booth, which was complete with stylin’ mustaches like this one.




Once your photos were printed (it printed two sets), you put a set in the guest book and left a message. What a cool keepsake!



My friend Jennafer was my date for the party. Here she is leaving her b-day salutations.




Kezia may have been the birthday girl, but that didn’t keep her from baking up a storm. She made every delectable cake in this amazing dessert buffet. I sampled several slices, with each being as good as the last!




My personal favorite was the old fashioned carrot cake. And guess what?!?! Kezia is passing that tasty love on to you. Check out her delicious website, The Distracted Homemaker, for this and other incredible recipes! Trust me, you'll be delighted you did.




Happy 40th birthday, sweet Kezia. You sexy mama, you!


2 comments:

Casey Wright said...

What GREAT ideas! Thanks for sharing!

april said...

wow! that looks delicious! such great ideas too with the photos.