Friday, April 2, 2010

Color Your Eggs with Creativity!

Move over, dye. Coloring Easter eggs just got a lot more creative and fun. Last year I shared these eggs, which my family and I dressed with rub-ons and glitter glue.


After the fun I had last year, I decided to explore the art of crafting eggs again this year. Here are a few of the colored creations I came up with:

1. Bring on the Buttons
I used dots of glue to attach bitty buttons to a misted egg. (The color on the egg is from spray mist, a scrapbooking supply.)


2. Pom Pom Pretty
It was dots of glue to the rescue again. This time I used them to adhere jumbo pom poms. This idea would also be sweet with bitty poms.


3. A Bling Dream
I adore self-adhesive rhinestones. This egg was wrapped with a bling belt and is so ready for a night on the town!


4. That’s a Wrap
I stuck a strip of glue to one side of the egg and then wrapped it with embroidery floss. This would also work with yarn.


My egg addiction followed me to work, where Joannie McBride and I dressed up eggs with spray mist, rub-ons, flock, and more! You can check out the ideas we hatched by visiting the Creating Keepsakes blog.


Are you decorating eggs this weekend? What’s your favorite way to shine those shells?

No comments: