Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Creative Ways to Give Gift Cards, Part II

Looking for a last-minute gift idea that still has that personal touch? Here are a few more gift card ideas to consider. By pairing them with a small gift and/or a handmade touch makes all the difference between a thoughtless gift and a completely memorable present!

Gift the gift of music with a retro flair. Create a cassette tape from cardstock scraps and a few buttons and use a ball chain or ribbon to attach the cassette to a pair of ear buds.


Tip: To attach the card to the tag, use clear photo corners.


Speak to those fitness gurus with a metal water bottle and an attached gift card. This can be a card to Jamba Juice, a fun exercise class or a sporting goods store.


Bookworms will love this idea. Turn scraps of paper and a few stickers into a bitty book, Buying Books for Dummies. On the inside, insert a gift card to your favorite book store.


That’s all for now, but I have more gift card ideas to come, so please check back. And I’d love to know where you love receiving gift cards from. This little poll will help me with some of the last-minute shopping/paper crafting I have left to do. :)

5 comments:

Hot Wheels and Glue Guns said...

Cute ideas! Igive a ocuple of gift cards, I might try the one on the water bottle...hmmm...if I get some time. ha!

I hope santa brings me a gift certificate from Archivers so I can buy some scrap goodies OR an amex gift card I can use for my trip next year!

Thanks for sharing

{VICKI} said...

Would love to get a gift card to a bookstore!

Nicole said...

These gift card ideas are sooo cute. I love them Megan. The book gift card holder is tooo cute

*reyanna* said...

Cool! Love these ideas! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

joscelyne cutchens said...

oh my gosh, that cassette tape and books for dummies are so so cute!
I love iTunes and Target Cards... ;)