Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fire in the Sky

Picture of Draper fire taken from my back deck.

I don’t know if Mrs. O’Leary’s cow was at it again or if some hoodlum delinquent (*cough…Cory…cough*) was playing with illegal fireworks, but something sparked a massive fire on the mountainside by my home.

I live on South Mountain, an area connected to the fire’s location, so I received several calls last night from friends and family, all calling to see if Cor and I were okay. We're about 8 blocks south of the fire and several blocks west, so we were fine. No evacuations here. But I do want to thank you, dear peeps. It means so much to me that so many of you would take time out of your lives to call and check on us.

The fire’s contained now, thank God, with no injuries or damaged homes. I’m sad to see the hillside burn, but I’m relieved that the outcome wasn’t any worse.

Anyhoo, thanks to all of you (from old high school chums to my big bro who NEVER calls) for checking in. I {heart} you very much!

Hugs & Love,
Megan

P.S. Just to be safe, I should probably clarify that Cory is not the actual hoodlum behind the blaze. Yes, he enjoys the illegals (fireworks, that is), but he hasn’t played with them since our stinky neighbor called the cops on us two years ago. Anyone in the market for fireworks that make a bang? I know a guy…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear that you guys are fine! My parents live north of the fire and they were getting dark smoke and ash...not fun!
(this is Alan's wife in case you forgot!) :D You don't have my blog on your list, sniff sniff! :(